As the market changes dynamically, every business has started orchestrating different innovative marketing approaches. Several methods have already been implemented, from influencer marketing to social media marketing. Out of these techniques, affiliate marketing has gained immense popularity amongst startups, entrepreneurs, and well-established businesses.
Affiliate marketing is an innovative marketing channel where businesses hire professionals who promote their brands and services through different networks under their ownership. The third-party marketer, also known as the affiliate, gets a commission based on the leads generated. Payment can be based on clicks, sales drives, or generated leads.
With the growing demand for affiliate marketing, we have shared the top affiliate marketing statistics to be aware of.
Affiliate Marketing stats highlights
- $8 billion is the expected touchpoint of US affiliate marketing costs by 2022.
- 16% of global eCommerce sales is the outcome of affiliate marketing.
- Nearly 80% of market observers hope affiliate marketing continues to grow.
- Even though, less than 5000 visitors, 34% of publishers earn from affiliate marketing.
- More than 84% of publishers and 81% of advertisers utilize affiliate marketing.
On This Page
- 1 Top affiliate marketing statistics to know in 2022
- 1.1 The US affiliate marketing will cross $8 billion by 2022.
- 1.2 Internationally, affiliate marketing is accountable for 16% of global eCommerce sales.
- 1.3 Nearly 80% of affiliate marketers expect the affiliate market growth momentum to continue.
- 1.4 Even though, less than 5000 visitors, 34% of publishers earn from affiliate marketing.
- 1.5 Nearly 84% of publishers and 81% of advertisers tap the potential of affiliate marketing.
- 2 Other Affiliate Marketing Stats:
- 3 Key Takeaway
Top affiliate marketing statistics to know in 2022
The US affiliate marketing will cross $8 billion by 2022.
Ten years before, the multimillion affiliate marketing spend was in its adolescent stage, and the business volume had increased three times more than before. The trend will continue to remain, and it will grow further as per various projections, and the US affiliate market spend is poised to grow beyond $8 billion by the end of 2022.
Internationally, affiliate marketing is accountable for 16% of global eCommerce sales.
It shows the potential of affiliate marketing. 16% of international eCommerce sales are on account of affiliate marketing. While analyzing the stats, it can be seen that out of 5 eCommerce sales, 2 business conversions happen because of affiliate marketing. For brand owners, affiliate marketing is a no bleeding business. The main attraction of affiliate marketing is no sales, no commission.
Nearly 80% of affiliate marketers expect the affiliate market growth momentum to continue.
As per the market observation and various forecasts, affiliate marketing has a bright future. Nearly 80% of affiliate marketers expect the income from affiliate marketing will continue to soar in the coming years. The growth trend is promising and indicates the potential of affiliate marketing. More than 90% of business entities have allocated more budget for affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is not limited to selling only physical products, but affiliate marketing can sell anything under the Sun.
Even though, less than 5000 visitors, 34% of publishers earn from affiliate marketing.
More than 34% of publishers with insufficient visitors earn a comfortable income from affiliate marketing. It is another promising feature of affiliating marking. No matter the volume of the web traffic, affiliate marketing can play a crucial role in winning the rat race. However, 64% of publishers were unable to meet their projected affiliate marketing income, but the fact is that the revenue continued to grow from 2015 onward.
Nearly 84% of publishers and 81% of advertisers tap the potential of affiliate marketing.
The statistics published by Forrester denote that nearly 84% of publishers and 81% of advertisers utilize the potential of affiliate marketing. The report further emphasizes that 20% of their annual revenue is the contribution of affiliate marketing.
Other Affiliate Marketing Stats:
- Affiliate marketing manages about 16% of US eCommerce online orders. 28% of international brands use blogs for affiliate marketing.
- 23.18% of affiliate markets are associated with the advertisement and promotion of 11 to 20 products at the most. It can include only one brand or multiple.
- Amazon has about 900 thousand third-party affiliates in its global network.
- For most affiliate marketing channels, 50% of traffic is generated from mobile users.
- 59% of firms tap into the pool of influencer networks to make their affiliate marketing campaigns successful.
- The global spending on affiliate marketing has increased by 27% CAGR or Compound Annual Growth Rate.
- Almost 76% of marketers revealed that affiliate marketing makes monetization easier and hassle-free.
- Approximately 107,291 companies use the affiliate marketing network globally, making it one of the most preferred advertising channels.
With the changing customer dynamics and a whopping growth of new and innovative brands or services, marketers have started to rely on the hidden potential of the affiliate market. After partnering with the top-rated affiliates, businesses can see exponential growth without putting in any extra effort. Furthermore, the affiliate marketing technique can boost conversion and lead generation processes, ensuring a sharp incline in revenues and customer growth.
However, to make the most of affiliate marketing, a marketer needs to know all jargon in its context, from commission methods to revenue optimization. Basic knowledge of affiliate marketing is imperative to enjoy the perks of this new advertising channel. Affiliates use social media networks, websites, live videos, review content, and even blogs to promote the brand and reach out to more customers.