Email marketing is one of the most cost-effective marketing tools. According to a report by Statista, there are over 4.3 billion email users around the globe. Today, I’ll share the top 5 email marketing statistics in this article. I have researched a lot and selected only the most valuable email marketing statistics that can help you in your research.
Here are the key statistics about email marketing.
- Email marketing generates a 4200% return on investment, which means for every $1 spent you get a $42 return.
- 64.1% of small businesses use email marketing to reach a wider audience.
- 81% of B2B marketers claimed that email newsletters are one of the most used content marketing methods.
- Marketers noted a 760% increase in revenue.
- Nearly half of all emails are opened on mobile devices.
These are some of the key statistics about email marketing. Let’s read about each step in detail. Check the next heading to have a detailed overview of each statistic.
On This Page
- 1 5 Interesting Email Marketing Statistics
- 1.1 Email Marketing Generates 4200% ROI. Meaning For Every $1 Spent You Get $42.
- 1.2 64.1% of Small Businesses Use Email Marketing To Reach a Wider Audience.
- 1.3 81% of B2B Marketers Claimed That Email Newsletters Are One of the Most Used Content Marketing Methods.
- 1.4 Marketers Noted a 760% Increase in Revenue.
- 1.5 Nearly Half of All Emails Are Opened on Mobile Devices.
- 2 Sources
5 Interesting Email Marketing Statistics
Here are the 5 interesting email marketing statistics.
Email Marketing Generates 4200% ROI. Meaning For Every $1 Spent You Get $42.
Email marketing is one of the cost-effective yet high return on investment marketing methods. The ROI depends on various different factors, such as the number of subscribers, engagement rate, etc. The number of subscribers has a significant impact on the ROI.
According to research by Litmus, businesses with less than 500,000 email subscribers reported a return on investment of $33 on every $1 spent on it. On the other hand, brands with more than 500,000 subscribers have recorded an ROI of $42 on every $1 spent on email marketing.
64.1% of Small Businesses Use Email Marketing To Reach a Wider Audience.
A survey conducted by Campaign Monitor states that 69.6% of their respondents use Facebook to market their business. On the other hand, 64.1% of small businesses prefer email marketing to promote their business.
Image Credit: Campaignmonitor.com
81% of B2B Marketers Claimed That Email Newsletters Are One of the Most Used Content Marketing Methods.
Research also states that 95% of B2B marketers prefer publishing social media content, such as tweets, stories, etc. In contrast, 89% of business marketers use blog posts or short articles to promote their products and services.
B2B marketers also use other types of content, such as offline events, videos, case studies, infographics, ebooks, etc.
Image Credit: Contentmarketinginstitute.com
Marketers Noted a 760% Increase in Revenue.
According to research performed by Campaignmmonitor.com, emails with personalized subjects perform much better than emails having generic subjects. Personalized subjects can increase the chances of opening an email by 26%. In addition, the same research states that marketers using email marketing noted a revenue growth of 760%.
Image Credit: Campaignmonitor.com
Nearly Half of All Emails Are Opened on Mobile Devices.
According to a report by Statista, a market research firm shows that 55% of global website traffic comes from smartphones, excluding tablets. In 2017, half of the website traffic was coming from mobile devices which was 50%.
As per the same report, India is a good example of a market with a significant mobile-first online population. Other than India, the majority of traffic also comes from Nigeria, Ghana and Kenya. People use mobile devices to access social media, watching movies, and reading emails.
Contentmarketinginstitue.com (Page 24)