Videos are conquering the digital world. Online video services from YouTube to Netflix are on their way to replacing traditional television, and Facebook is no stranger to this video domination. Want to know more about Facebook videos?
Here, you’ll find some of the most vital Facebook video statistics to help you learn more about this increasingly popular social platform.
Let’s take a look at the general stats below.
Facebook Video Stats Highlights
- The latest data shows that Facebook video views have reached 8 billion daily.
- On Facebook, the popularity of videos is equally stunning as on youtube.
- Research shows that videos over 15 seconds have a higher abandonment rate.
- Facebook is the most popular platform for watching video ads, with 47% of users watching them.
- 65% of all Facebook video views come from mobile users.
On This Page
- 1 Facebook Video – Key Stats
- 1.1 According to the latest available data, daily Facebook video views are 8 billion.
- 1.2 On Facebook, the popularity of videos is equally stunning as on youtube.
- 1.3 Research shows that videos over 15 seconds have a higher abandonment rate.
- 1.4 Facebook is the most popular platform for watching video ads, with 47% of users watching them.
- 1.5 65% of all Facebook video views come from mobile users.
- 1.6 Around 500 million people watch Facebook videos daily.
- 2 Additional Facebook Video Statistics
- 3 Wrapping Up
Facebook Video – Key Stats
Now let’s dive into the stats a bit deeper.
According to the latest available data, daily Facebook video views are 8 billion.
The average user spends 26 minutes per day watching videos. Its continual introduction of new video features continues to offer brands more opportunities to engage followers directly via video content. There’s no doubt that video can be an excellent solution for individuals and businesses.
On Facebook, the popularity of videos is equally stunning as on youtube.
On Facebook, the popularity of videos is equally stunning. More than 8 billion views occur on Facebook daily, totaling 100 million hours of viewing. A Forrester Research analyst estimates that a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words, equal to more than 3,500 web pages. Facebook also wants your videos posted directly to Facebook, as they get 478% more shares on Facebook than videos linked from other sources, like YouTube.
Research shows that videos over 15 seconds have a higher abandonment rate.
Videos are highly engaging and a great way to improve the effectiveness of your Facebook campaigns. A poll from yansmedia shows that nearly 70% of marketers note that video ads perform better than image or all text ads. When it comes to Facebook video ads, shorter ads perform better. Research shows that videos over 15 seconds have a higher abandonment rate. This is why Facebook recommends that you keep the videos under 15 seconds.
Facebook is the most popular platform for watching video ads, with 47% of users watching them.
For the first time in 2018, Facebook beat YouTube, the longtime market leader, to become the platform where the highest number of people watch video ads. Compared to Facebook, only 41% of consumers saw video ads on YouTube. The share of other platforms like Instagram (8%), Twitter (2%), LinkedIn (2%), and Snapchat (1%) is much lower. If you wish to be easily discoverable to your target audience, then consider running Facebook Ads.
65% of all Facebook video views come from mobile users.
Smartphone users are by far the most popular device for Facebook video viewing, with mobile users 1.5x more likely to watch a video than desktop users. With 98.5% of Facebook users accessing the platform on mobile devices, mobile video viewing was bound to catch up. It is a rising trend and a clear message to Facebook video advertisers and content creators to make mobile video their top priority.
Around 500 million people watch Facebook videos daily.
This is another impressive number, as it exceeds the daily average user base for YouTube, originally known as the primary platform for video content. Given that 500 million individuals watch videos on Facebook, marketers can utilize them to target a global audience, whether representing a business, an influencer, or any other content creator.
Additional Facebook Video Statistics
- 1.25 billion people visit Facebook to watch videos every month.
- 85% of marketers found Facebook an effective platform for video content.
- Facebook users watch ads 5X longer when they are consuming videos intentionally.
- 47% of the total campaign value of a Facebook video ad is created in under three seconds.
- Video now accounts for almost 50% of all time spent on Facebook.
- People are 1.5X times more likely to watch videos on a smartphone than on a computer.
- 46% of social media users use Facebook to watch videos.
Facebook video can be a great way to market products, build your brand, and engage with your community. It’s great for marketers looking to expand their reach and find a new audience. As the above Facebook Video stats prove, the video space is still growing. And businesses are seeing the benefits of investing in video content on Facebook.
Hopefully, these facts will help you make more well-informed decisions about your future marketing campaigns.
That’s all for today.