When you record and broadcast your live video and audio media simultaneously over the internet, this is called live streaming. As the digital world is growing, the live streaming industry is emerging faster than ever before.
If you are the one who wants to explore this option for your business, you have landed at the right place. We have gathered 5 key stats that will help you identify if the live streaming business is the exact thing that you should jump in for.
Here are the 5key live streaming stats:
- Users spent 550 billion hours watching live streaming content on mobile apps.
- The global live streaming industry size is expected to be priced at 184.27 U.S billion dollars by 2027.
- 54% of users live stream about gaming.
- 80% of viewers prefer watching live streams instead of reading blogs and articles.
- In 2021, the live streaming industry stood at 70.05 U.S billion dollars.
Continue reading ahead to know more about each statistic in detail below.
On This Page
- 1 5 Key Stats About Live Streaming
- 1.1 1. Users Spent 550 Billion Hours Watching Live Streaming Content on Mobile Apps in 2021
- 1.2 2. The Global Live Streaming Industry Size Is Expected To Be Priced at 330.51 U.S Billion Dollars by 2030
- 1.3 3. 54% of Users Live Stream About Gaming and Esports
- 1.4 4. 80% of Viewers Prefer Watching Live Streams Instead of Reading Blogs and Articles
- 1.5 5. In 2021, the Live Streaming Industry Valued at 70.05 U.S Billion Dollars
- 2 Sources
5 Key Stats About Live Streaming
Here are the most valuable streaming statistics for 2022.
1. Users Spent 550 Billion Hours Watching Live Streaming Content on Mobile Apps in 2021
The global engagement of live streaming videos on mobile apps was projected to grow by about 14% in 2021.
Researchers also mentioned that viewers from the United States are expected to reach 158 million in 2022.
As per the same report, users spent a whopping 480 billion hours watching live streaming videos on mobile apps alone in 2020. This figure is about 35% higher than in 2019. These figures clearly show a steep rise in the consumption of live streaming videos, especially on mobile apps.
2. The Global Live Streaming Industry Size Is Expected To Be Priced at 330.51 U.S Billion Dollars by 2030
Some of the reasons behind such an enormous growth could be advancements in live streaming technology with the introduction of artificial intelligence and blockchain technology.
3. 54% of Users Live Stream About Gaming and Esports
In comparison, 17% of users live stream about entertainment. And, 9% live stream professional content.
Image Credit: Restream.io
4. 80% of Viewers Prefer Watching Live Streams Instead of Reading Blogs and Articles
In comparison, 82% of users said they like watching a live video rather than checking the brand’s social media posts.
Image Credit: Livestream.com
5. In 2021, the Live Streaming Industry Valued at 70.05 U.S Billion Dollars
As per the same report, it was reported at 30.29 billion in 2016. The number has grown exponentially in the past few years. Researchers recorded a CAGR of 18.3% in 2021.