These days, short videos are everywhere. These videos have gained massive popularity, with Tik Tok, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube being the superior names among short-form video platforms. Want to know more about this emerging video content?
In this article, you’ll find some of the interesting short-form video stats and facts that one should be aware of in 2022 and beyond.
Let’s take a look at the general stats below.
Short Form Video Stats Highlights
- The use of short-form videos on social media has been steadily growing.
- Anything up to 2 minutes and 30 seconds in length is considered short-form.
- About 51% of short-form video marketers plan to increase their investment in 2022.
- The short-form video has the highest ROI of any social media marketing strategy at 30%
- In 2022, short-form videos will last an average of 3 minutes and 23 seconds.
On This Page
- 1 Short Form Video – Key Stats
- 1.1 In recent years, short videos have grown in popularity on social media.
- 1.2 Anything up to 2 minutes and 30 seconds in length is considered short-form.
- 1.3 About 51% of short-form video marketers plan to increase their investment in 2022.
- 1.4 The short-form video has the highest ROI of any social media marketing strategy at 30%.
- 1.5 Video content is a crucial component of all businesses.
- 1.6 In 2022, short-form videos will last an average of 3 minutes and 23 seconds.
- 1.7 72% of People Prefer Video vs. Text to Learn a New Product or Service.
- 2 Additional Short Form Videos Stats
- 3 Wrapping Up
Short Form Video – Key Stats
Now let’s dive into the stats a bit deeper.
The use of short-form video is growing rapidly and increasingly becoming the number one content format. In fact, it’s the format 26% of marketers are leveraging the most in 2022. This trend will continue to grow as new features are introduced and further enhancements are made to the current platforms offering short-form video. Short-form video allows for a more personal touch from a brand that may not be possible with a long-form video.
Anything up to 2 minutes and 30 seconds in length is considered short-form.
However, videos can be much shorter than this. And they often are. On TikTok, videos are less than 60 seconds long. On Instagram Reels, they’re 30 seconds long, But regardless of the platform or how short the video is, content must always entertain, whether it is through helping the viewer learn something or solving a problem. In both cases, videos add value. They give people a reason to watch it.
About 51% of short-form video marketers plan to increase their investment in 2022.
Marketers are taking notice and integrating more video content into their marketing strategies. In fact, according to data from cxl, 51% of marketers who used short-form videos last year(2021) said they were going to up their spending on videos this year, while 38% said they’d spend the same amount. By keeping things short and being transparent about the content, one can use video marketing to reach their overloaded, short-on-time audience.
Short-form videos are an affordable and accessible way to market; it also has the highest ROI of any social media marketing strategy at 30%. These videos are far more likely to yield a higher ROAS than other marketing channels, with an average CPC of £0.64 compared to Facebook and Instagram’s CPC average of £1. Short-form videos are better for marketing purposes due to the nature of media on social platforms nowadays.
Video content is a crucial component of all businesses.
Videos are generally a more popular medium for information delivery. In fact, 59% of executives say that when they can choose between text and videos on the same topic, they’re more inclined to pick video content. Whether it’s instructional videos, product promoting, or anything in between, video content is an easy way to add creative flair to your internal comms.
In 2022, short-form videos will last an average of 3 minutes and 23 seconds.
Short-form videos are usually 1-3 minutes long, snappy enough to hold the average viewer’s attention, but substantial enough to wade into more meaningful storytelling and deliver value in the video. These kinds of videos encourage engagement on social media, boosting likes and fueling comments activity as viewers reflect on and interact with the topics covered or the questions raised.
72% of People Prefer Video vs. Text to Learn a New Product or Service.
The beauty of video is that it’s time-efficient and represents a way to show the audience what one’s selling versus telling them about it. Short-form videos can be just as informative as written guides, all the while quicker to consume. When it comes to either watching a video or reading text to learn about a product or service, 72% of people prefer video.
Additional Short Form Videos Stats
- Short-form videos are projected to make up 90% of all internet traffic in 2022.
- ReelnReel asserts that short-form video is today’s most popular type of content on social media.
- In 2022, an estimated 1.6 billion people will use short-form videos to communicate.
- By 2022, short-form video will account for 80% of all mobile data traffic in North America.
- Short-form video will be the most popular type of content on social media, accounting for 40% of all videos.
- Short-form video ad revenue will exceed $10 billion by 2022.
The short-form video has become increasingly popular since 2020, mainly due to the rise in the popularity of TikTok. They are watched more, are impactful, and can persuade anyone when used correctly. These videos are also great for educational content and showcase amazing company culture. It’s safe to say that short-form video is the future of social media.
That’s all for now. See you at the next one!