Videos are one of the best ways to showcase your products or service in depth. Video marketing has uncountable benefits, such as high engagement rate, high ROI, better search engine rankings, etc. Including videos in your overall marketing strategy can increase return on investment. This is because videos are one of the most consumed and liked content types these days.
I’ll share the five key video marketing statistics with you in this article. I have picked the five most useful video marketing statistics. These video marketing stats can help you with your marketing research.
Here are the five key video marketing statistics:
- 86% of businesses use videos as an online marketing tool.
- Around 96% of buyers watched explainer videos to get more information about the product or service.
- 8% of people stated they were convinced to buy a product or service by watching a video by the brand.
- 73% of users said they would prefer watching short videos to learn more about the products or services.
- 68% of video marketers will include Instagram videos in their 2022 video marketing strategy.
These are the five key statistics about video marketing. Continue reading ahead to know more about each Video Marketing Statistic in detail.
On This Page
- 1 Five Key Video Marketing Statistics
- 1.1 1. 86% of Businesses Use Videos as an Online Marketing Tool.
- 1.2 2. Around 96% of Buyers Have Watched Explainer Videos To Get More Information About the Product or Service.
- 1.3 3. 88% of People Stated They Were Convinced To Buy a Product or Service by Watching a Video by the Brand.
- 1.4 4. 73% of Users Stated They Would Prefer Watching Short Videos To Learn More About the Products or Services.
- 1.5 5. 68% of Video Marketers Will Include Instagram Video in Their 2022 Video Marketing Strategy.
- 2 Sources
Five Key Video Marketing Statistics
Here are the five key statistics about video marketing.
1. 86% of Businesses Use Videos as an Online Marketing Tool.
Businesses use videos in their marketing campaigns to describe their products in the best possible manner.
This number has grown exponentially in the past few years. As per the past reports by Wyzowl, this number stood at 61% in 2016. Further, it increased to 63% in 2017. This number continues to grow with time and currently stands at 86% in 2022.
Image Credit: Wyzowl.com
2. Around 96% of Buyers Have Watched Explainer Videos To Get More Information About the Product or Service.
This statistic shows that videos help customers learn more about a product or service in detail. It also helps customers make decisions.
3. 88% of People Stated They Were Convinced To Buy a Product or Service by Watching a Video by the Brand.
Videos play a huge role in influencing users to buy a product or service, and statistics also report the same.
Looking at the previous years’ data by Wyzowl.com, it was reported to be 84% in 2021. Researchers noted an increase of 4% in the last year.
4. 73% of Users Stated They Would Prefer Watching Short Videos To Learn More About the Products or Services.
This is because you get to know more about the product in less time. On the other hand, 11% of users stated they would prefer reading text-based content to learn more about the product.
While 4% said they would like to view an infographic, 3% would instead download an ebook or manual. In addition, 3% would prefer to attend a webinar about the product, and the remaining 3% of people said they would like to attend a sales call.
5. 68% of Video Marketers Will Include Instagram Video in Their 2022 Video Marketing Strategy.
They reported a 10% increase from last year.