As an internet user, it is quite unlikely that you haven’t heard the name WhatsApp ever in your life. Yes, that’s how popular WhatsApp really is. Want to know more about this incredible platform?
In this article, we’ll be sharing the latest WhatsApp stats and trends that every marketer should know in 2022 to explore its potential as part of your e-commerce business strategy.
Let’s take a look at the stats.
WhatsApp General Statistics Highlights
- Whatsapp has over 2 billion monthly active users.
- As per some industries, India is the largest market for WhatsApp, with 400 million users.
- More than 100 billion messages are sent each day on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp is used in more than 180 countries around the world.
- The number of WhatsApp users makes the platform the third most popular social network worldwide.
On This Page
- 1 Whatsapp – Key Statistics
- 1.1 Currently, Whatsapp has more than 2 billion active monthly users.
- 1.2 As per some industries, India is the largest market for WhatsApp, with 400 million users.
- 1.3 More than 100 billion messages are sent each day on WhatsApp.
- 1.4 WhatsApp is used in more than 180 countries around the world.
- 1.5 The number of WhatsApp users makes the platform the third most popular social network worldwide.
- 1.6 WhatsApp is the most popular mobile messaging app worldwide.
- 1.7 There are now more than 5 million businesses worldwide using WhatsApp Business.
- 2 Additional Whatsapp Stats
- 3 Wrapping Up
Whatsapp – Key Statistics
Now let’s dive into the stats a bit deeper.
Currently, Whatsapp has more than 2 billion active monthly users.
Despite various privacy and other regulatory concerns, it continues to grow in its popularity worldwide. Chances are 8 out of 10 people who own smartphones use WhatsApp. While many people use WhatsApp for personal communication, many businesses have since tapped into this platform to engage with customers and market their business.
As per some industries, India is the largest market for WhatsApp, with 400 million users.
This is not surprising given that India is the largest market for WhatsApp. Some industry estimates suggest that India accounts for almost 400 million users of the 2 billion active users worldwide, or approximately one user from India out of every five that WhatsApp has.
In fact, WhatsApp users in India made up nearly half (49%) of the total number of WhatsApp app downloads in February 2020.
More than 100 billion messages are sent each day on WhatsApp.
In late 2011, WhatsApp announced a new milestone: More than 1 billion messages were being sent using its app in a single day. And now, barely a decade after crossing the 1 billion mark, it’s reached far more impressive figures: 100 billion messages are currently being sent daily via WhatsApp. In other words, that’s around 4.2 billion messages per hour, 69 million per minute, and more than 1.1 million per second.
WhatsApp is used in more than 180 countries around the world.
As this statistic shows, WhatsApp is a truly global platform. WhatsApp is used in more than 180 countries around the world and has a market share of more than 40 %. It is the torch bearer and undisputed market leader. In some European countries, such as Germany, Finland, and the UK, WhatsApp ranks as the most popular social network; 87%, 84%, and 77% of their citizens use it, respectively.
As of January 2022, the only two social networks with more users than WhatsApp are its parent company Facebook, and YouTube. The two leading social media giants have 2.91 billion and 2.56 billion active users. WhatsApp user stats show 2 billion, positioning the platform third on the list. It also appears to be more popular among iOS users, and it was the fourth second most downloaded non-game app on the App Store.
WhatsApp is the most popular mobile messaging app worldwide.
As of January 2022, Weixin/WeChat is second with 1.26 billion users, followed by Facebook Messenger with over 988 million users. QQ has approximately half of that, 574 million, and Snapchat follows with 557 million users.
There are now more than 5 million businesses worldwide using WhatsApp Business.
This particular app has become incredibly popular, and its applicability now goes beyond the entertainment function. In fact, just one year after WhatsApp launched its B2B initiative, more than 5 million businesses worldwide used WhatsApp Business to facilitate their engagement with clients through easy, immediate, and contactless communication.
Additional Whatsapp Stats
- There are over 50 million WhatsApp Business users, WhatsApp facts show.
- Facebook acquired WhatsApp for nearly $20 billion.
- Experts estimate that WhatsApp generated between $5 and $10 billion for Facebook in 2020.
- WhatsApp is more prevalent among male users, WhatsApp statistics show.
- The number of people using messaging apps is expected to grow to over 3.5 billion users in 2025.
- On average, users spend 18.6 hours per month on WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp is expected to grow to over 85 million users in the US by 2023.
Choosing the right platform to market your business is critical. WhatsApp as a marketing channel is going to become the future of marketing. Despite the constantly increasing number of competitors, WhatsApp stats show that the ease of use and data privacy made it the most popular messaging app worldwide.
We hope you’ve found these WhatsApp stats enlightening, and hopefully, they’ve made you appreciate how vital WhatsApp is for the present.
That’s all for now.
If you found these WhatsApp statistics helpful, make sure to share them with those who might benefit from this information too.