WooCommerce makes it super simple to create a powerful eCommerce business. However, the base plugin only allows you to set up a retail storefront. What if you want to create an online wholesale store? In that case, you will need to use a WooCommerce wholesale extension to add some necessary bells and whistles over the base plugin.
Now with that being said, there are tons of WooCommerce wholesale plugins available on the market, with each claiming to be the best! Finding the right wholesale plugin is kind of like searching for a needle in a haystack.
And so, for the sake of this article, and to help you out, we have put together a list of the 10 best WooCommerce Wholesale plugins. And to empower you even more, we have also highlighted all the special features and functionalities you should look for when searching for the best wholesale plugin.
On This Page
- 1 What make a good wholesale plugin?
- 2 10 Best WooCommerce Wholesale Plugins
- 2.1 WooCommerce Wholesale Suite by Woosuite
- 2.2 WooCommerce B2B
- 2.3 WooCommerce Wholesale Price – Booster for WooCommerce
- 2.4 Barn2 WooCommerce Wholesale Pro
- 2.5 Wholesale for WooCommerce by WPExperts
- 2.6 IGNITEWoo WooCommerce Wholesale Suite Pro
- 2.7 Rhymera Wholesale Suite
- 2.8 Elex WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing
- 2.9 VarkTech Wholesale Pricing Pro
- 2.10 CedCommerce Wholesale Market
- 3 Wrapping Up
What make a good wholesale plugin?
Now before we go on to the list of the best WooCommerce Wholesale plugins, it’s important that you get an idea for yourself on what makes these plugins great.
Down below we have cited 5 criterias we used when selecting the best WooCommerce Wholesale Plugins. Here’s a look at these pointers including a detailed overview on why they are important.
It should ultimately help you pick the best WooCommerce Wholesale plugin for you, and also aid you with your personal research.
Option to Create Private WooCommerce Shops for Wholesale Products
Do you want your WooCommerce store to cater to both retail customers as well as wholesale customers? In that case, you might not want your retail customers to be aware of your wholesale prices.
It can potentially create confusion if retail customers can browse wholesale products. They might mistake that your product is available at a lower price (its wholesale price) but when they place a single order and are charged the retail price, they will get angry.
This is why it can be useful to create a private store, dedicated for your wholesale customers and listing wholesale prices.
Now some of the WooCommerce Wholesale plugins we discussed here allow you to protect and hide your wholesale store from regular users. This way, only wholesale customers and distributors will be able to access your wholesale store, browse available products and their discounted prices, and of course, place wholesale orders.
Option to Switch Between Retail Pricing and Wholesale Pricing
Following from the last point, maybe you don’t want to separate your wholesale store and your retail store, but rather want to create a similar store experience as Alibaba. In that case, you will want a wholesale WooCommerce plugin that allows for easy switching between retail pricing and wholesale pricing for a product.
The plugin should enable an easy to understand UI that users will instinctively understand how to use. The focus should be on “easy to understand”.
Options should be clearly present that showcases the price for purchasing a couple of units of the product – its retail pricing, and then also show customers the discounted wholesale price for purchasing in bulk.
Support for Wholesale Pricing Tables
It is customary for wholesaler websites to provide pricing slabs to highlight the cost of a product depending on how many units are being purchased.
For example, 100 units of product A costs $10/piece. But 200 units of the product costs $8/piece. This pricing difference needs to be effectively communicated with the customer so that they pick the best bundle for their needs, leading to better customer experience for your website.
Now, the ideal way of doing this is by setting up a table showcasing all the prices for different units of product being purchased. As such, the wholesale plugin should have the option to create these tables.
Supports Forms for Accepting Wholesale Orders
You might think having forms on an online wholesale store isn’t that important, but it is! Many times, wholesale customers and distributors might want to make specific requests while placing a wholesale order.
For example, the customer might want special packaging (with custom branding), or want you to deliver the packages to multiple addresses, and the likes. And by having a dedicated form, you give the customers the option to communicate their needs.
After receiving the order, you can then start a communication thread with the customer over email regarding their requirement.
Through effective communication, you can keep the customer at ease, and show them you are open to hearing their needs and requirements which is crucial in sealing the deal.
As such, having a form builder baked into your wholesale WooCommerce plugin is extremely useful.
And last but not the least, your wholesale plugin should allow users to create a new wholesale account on your website. By having a wholesale account, they will have access to the wholesale storefront, and also access to some useful features specific to their buying needs.
Following this point, it would be even more convenient if the plugin allows you to create wholesale user roles. By having a separate user role for your wholesale customers, it becomes much simpler to assign specific permissions to the users.
And let’s not leave out the fact that having a separate user account type makes it so much easier and convenient to manage your WooCommerce wholesale store.
10 Best WooCommerce Wholesale Plugins
Following the above discussed criteria we have shortlisted the 10 best WooCommerce wholesale plugins. These plugins should help you create an amazing wholesale storefront that is both easy to manage for you and intuitive to use for your customers.
So without further ado, let’s get started:
WooCommerce Wholesale Suite by Woosuite
The Optimizeform Wholesale Suite is an additional module for the base Optimizeform plugin – a tool designed to help users streamline their WooCommerce website’s ordering process.
The Wholesale Suite module helps you in capturing wholesale leads, set up different pricings for your wholesale products, create a dedicated order form for your wholesale customers, and much more. It is a really powerful tool that will let you create a unique and memorable experience for both your wholesale and retail customers.
Apart from all the basic functionalities you will get from the base Optimizeform plugin, here’s a quick look at some of the main features included in the Wholesale Suite module.
- Option to create a feature-full order form to streamline the process of taking wholesale orders.
- Set up a minimum order amount to avail wholesale prices.
- Powerful inventory management tools to manage all your orders.
- Option to set up dynamic pricing.
- Set up different payment methods depending on the customers.
- Create different user roles and allow customers to select which user role they fall into.
With all that being said, it is worth noting that you can’t get the Optimizeform Wholesale Suite as a one-off purchase. It comes bundled in with the Optimizeform plugin. Pricing starts at $139/year which gives you license to use the plugin and all its modules on a single website.
WooCommerce B2B is a powerful plugin that comes with all the features you will need to set up an amazing business to business (B2B) WooCommerce website. It’s a great option if you are looking to create a dedicated wholesale eCommerce store, or wish to set up a separate experience for your retail and wholesale customers.
The plugin gives you a great deal of control over setting up prices for your products, managing your users, and many more advanced functionalities.
Here is a quick look at some of the key bells and whistles offered by the plugin.
- Allows users to register as wholesale customers. Option to restrict unregistered users from accessing the wholesale storefront.
- Create user groups with special permissions and options.
- Option to set up price rules. Customers can avail different prices depending on how many products they purchase.
- Approve/disapprove user registration.
- Set up a minimum and maximum product quantity purchase limit.
- Powerful quotation system.
- Built-in live search functionality with advanced filters and sorting options.
In terms of pricing, the base plan costs $69 which gives you a lifetime license to use the plugin on unlimited websites. You will also have access to all future updates. However, technical support from the developer is only limited to 6 months from the date of purchase.
WooCommerce Wholesale Price – Booster for WooCommerce
Up next we have WooCommerce Wholesale Price which is a module for the Booster for WooCommerce plugin.
Now in case you don’t know, Booster for WooCommerce, previously known as WooCommerce jetpack, is designed to supercharge your WooCommerce store with extra bells and whistles. It’s a great option for users who are dissatisfied with vanilla WooCommerce and want some extra features but nothing too complicated.
The WooCommerce Wholesale Price module also follows this philosophy. It’s very simplistic in its functionality, allowing you to specify minimum quantities of purchase to avail discounted wholesale prices.
It’s perfect for users who just want to set-up an option for potential wholesale customers, but nothing too fancy.
But with that being said, it’s important to note that this is only a module among 100+ modules available with the Booster for WooCommerce plugin, and you can integrate all of that to create an advanced WooCommerce store if you need.
Here’s a look at the key features offered by the WooCommerce Wholesale Price module.
- Enables wholesale prices for all or specific WooCommerce products on your website.
- Specify minimum order quantity and discounted prices.
- Calculate discount price based on total cart quantity and not just the number of orders for a specific product.
- Option to only apply wholesale discount if no other discount is applied.
- Option to show/hide discount information on cart page.
Booster for WooCommerce is free to download and it also comes with the WooCommerce Wholesale Price module. However the module is very restricted in its feature set. To unlock all its functionalities you need to get a Booster Plus license which starts at $8.99/month for a single website.
Barn2 WooCommerce Wholesale Pro
The Barn2 WooCommerce Wholesale Pro is a powerful plugin designed to help you set up a separate wholesale storefront. It’s a great option for users who are looking to keep their wholesale and retail customers separate, providing a tailored experience to each user base.
Not only does the plugin allow wholesale user registration, but it also allows you to set up unlimited wholesale user roles, assign unique prices to each role, and even set up global or category based percentage discounts. However, if you are looking for even more control, the plugin also lets you set up wholesale pricing for individual products.
- Supports wholesale buyers to register and create an account on your website.
- Create unlimited wholesale user roles and set custom pricing discounts to each role.
- Set global or category-based discounts.
- Add wholesale discounts to individual products.
- Option to hide your wholesale storefront and make it only visible to registered wholesale users.
Coming to its pricing, a single site license to use the Barn2 WooCommerce Wholesale Pro costs $99/year. However, there’s also a bundle offer which gives you this plugin + the Barn2 Product Table plugin at $149/year. You can consider getting the bundle plan because with the Product Table plugin you will be able to create wholesale order forms.
Wholesale for WooCommerce by WPExperts
Wholesale for WooCommerce is a feature-rich WooCommerce extension that will help you to create and manage wholesale pricing plans and set up multiple wholesale pricing tiers on your WooCommerce storefront. The plugin focuses on delivering as many features as possible all the while keeping things simple and easy to manage.
It’s also an excellent solution for creating a hybrid B2B and B2C WooCommerce website. The plugin lets you set up a private storefront that only your wholesale customers can access, where you can display your wholesale prices, and even display wholesale specific products.
Following this point, you might have already guessed that the plugin supports a wholesale registration form. But on top of that, it will also let you set up wholesale user roles and assign different discounts to different user roles.
Overall, Wholesale for WooCommerce is an excellent hassle-free and effective solution for setting up an amazing wholesale ecommerce website.
- Advanced wholesale registration form builder with tons of features and drag & drop support.
- Create custom wholesale user roles and assign different pricing rules to each user role.
- Set up a minimum and maximum order limit. Configure a minimum quantity restriction for add-to-cart for your wholesale customers.
- Powerful shipping and payment management system. Option to set up Tax-Exemption for wholesale user roles as well.
- Create a private wholesale storefront that can only be accessed by registered wholesale users.
The Wholesale for WooCommerce plugin by WPExperts costs $99/year.
IGNITEWoo WooCommerce Wholesale Suite Pro
The WooCommerce Wholesale Suite Pro by IGNITEWoo packs in a laundry list of powerful features to help you create and manage an amazing wholesale e-store. Starting from setting up wholesaler user roles to specifying different prices based on the product or even category, the plugin has it all.
You also have the option to show or hide your wholesale prices and even specific products from your retail customers and only make them visible to your wholesale users.
However, the most unique feature of the plugin is the option to allow backorders for out-of-stock items. This can really boost your conversion rates as it won’t turn away wholesale customers when seeing a product is not available.
It will also give you insight into which products are in more demand, and which ones you should prioritize to stock up more.
- Set up multi-tier user roles for your wholesale customers. Each user role can have different privileges assigned to them.
- Specify minimum and maximum order quantity to avail discounts.
- Hide/show wholesale products from your retail customers depending on your business strategy.
- Set wholesale prices based on individual products, product categories, or even globally.
- Create a one-page order form to speed up the ordering process.
- Create wholesale discount coupons.
- Allow customers to place backorders for currently out of stock products.
A single site license for IGNITEWoo WooCommerce Wholesale Suite Pro will cost you $149/year. This includes access to 1 year of updates and developer support over phone and email.
Rhymera Wholesale Suite
Rhymera Wholesale Suite is a bundle of 3 plugins designed to work together and help you create an amazing, high-converting WooCommerce wholesale storefront. It comes with three plugins or extensions – the Wholesale Prices plugin, Order Form plugin, and the Lead Capture plugin.
The Wholesale Prices plugin allows you to create wholesale user roles, add specific customers to the user roles, set wholesale prices to the user roles, and so on.
The Order Form plugin allows you to create and publish a wholesale order form on your website. It streamlines the entire wholesale order taking process, making things much simpler for both you and your customers. It also embeds a searchable product table to quickly find and add products to their cart.
And finally we have the Lead Generation plugin. It allows you to create a wholesale registration form, enable automatic sign-ups and user account approvals, automated email sequences, and much more.
As you can clearly see, there’s powerful synergy between the plugins/extensions.
First you set-up different wholesale user roles and assign specific wholesale prices to each user role. Then you get users to sign up as a wholesale customer via the registration form. And finally, have the wholesale customers seamlessly place orders using the powerful order form.
- Bundles in 3 dedicated plugins/extensions to set up a fully featured wholesale storefront.
- Supports wholesale user accounts. Automated registration forms saves both your and your users’ time while creating a new wholesaler user account.
- Option to add wholesale prices to simple and variable products.
- Label products as “retail” or “wholesale” only.
- Set up a minimum order amount in order to avail wholesale discounted pricing.
- An intuitive one-page ordering form with search functionality to easily find and add products to cart.
A single site license for using the Rhymera Wholesale Suite bundle costs $297/year. However, you can almost always find it available for a heavily discounted price for new user signups.
Elex WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing
This plugin is a mouthful, both in its name and its feature list. Essentially it functions as a dynamic pricing tool that you can use to set up wholesale pricings for specific or all your products.
It comes with a lot of features most of which can be utilized for setting up a powerful wholesale storefront. For starters, you have the option to add custom wholesale user roles and then assign different discount rules to each user role. You can also configure the plugin to not show wholesale prices to your regular retail customers as well.
Other than this, the plugin also allows you to enable a catalog mode by hiding the “add to cart” button and product prices. You can replace the buttons with a custom message to encourage wholesale user signups and increase your conversion rates.
- Create wholesale user roles and set up role-based pricings, discounts, and sales taxes.
- Set up discounts and special prices based on specific products, product categories, or for specific customers.
- Customizable view-only catalog mode allows you to hide “add to cart” button and product prices with custom messages. You can use this to promote user sign-ups.
- Add a “request a quote” button to help you with lead generation.
A single-site, 1-year license for the Elex WooCommerce Catalog Mode, Wholesale & Role Based Pricing plugin costs $79.
VarkTech Wholesale Pricing Pro
The VarkTech Wholesale Pricing Pro is a simple yet effective plugin that gives you the necessary tools to turn your WooCommerce website into a high-converting wholesale storefront.
In terms of functionality it’s a bit basic compared to the other plugins on the list. But that also means that it is easier to use and manage, making it perfect for beginners and users who are just getting their feet wet in the world of online wholesale.
With that being said, you shouldn’t take the plugin as lackluster. It features all the necessary bells and whistles that you will need, starting from the option to create pricing rules, display discounted prices for wholesale buyers, and the likes.
You even have the option to schedule sales, track and audit purchases made with the wholesale discounts, and much more.
- Create discount rules based on individual products, and product categories.
- Display wholesale discounts to wholesale customers only.
- Set up wholesale discounts as timed events. Configure a start date and end date when customers will be able to purchase products at wholesale discounts.
- Audit and track product purchases made using wholesale discounts.
A single site license for the plugin costs $25 with access to 1-year of updates and technical support.
CedCommerce Wholesale Market
And for the final entry in our list, we have the Wholesale Market plugin by CedCommerce. It’s a free-to-use WooCommerce plugin making it accessible to all users, and perfect for beginners who are just starting out.
Now being a free plugin, the features you get are pretty limited. However, the plugin supports paid add-ons that you can install to add many more advanced features. This makes the plugin extremely scalable, allowing you to slowly add more features as your wholesale store starts to grow and expand.
Coming to its feature set, the plugin allows you to create wholesale customer user roles, allow only logged-in wholesale customers to purchase products at wholesale discounts, set a minimum order quantity to avail wholesale discount, and much more.
- Create a wholesale customer user role.
- Allows wholesale discounts only to users signed in as a wholesale customer.
- Set a minimum order amount to avail wholesale discounted prices.
- Show/Hide wholesale prices on the shop page as well as the product detail page.
- Show/Hide wholesale prices to all users or wholesale customers only.
- In-built tax handling system.
- Premium addons for advanced features- wholesale market product, wholesale market user, wholesale market reporting, and wholesale market subscription.
The Wholesale Market by CedCommerce is free to use. However, it supports paid add-ons in case you want access to advanced functionalities.
So this was our list of the 10 Best WooCommerce Wholesale Plugins. We hope you found this useful and that it helped you in finding the right WooCommerce wholesale plugin for you.
As you can see, we made sure to include a wide variety of plugins boasting different features and available at various price points.
For example, if you want the best WooCommerce Wholesale plugin money can buy, then we recommend getting the WooCommerce Wholesale Suite by Woosuite or the Rhymera Wholesale Suite. It gives you access to a bunch of tools to not just create a wholesale storefront, but also grow and scale it into a powerful eCommerce platform.
Likewise, if you are just starting out and want something basic then Wholesale Market by CedCommerce and Wholesale Pricing Pro by VarkTech are great options.
So which plugin did you pick for setting up your WooCommerce Wholesale storefront and why? Let us know in the comments below!
Also, if you think that we missed out on some great wholesale plugin, then don’t forget to mention them in the comments as well. It would greatly benefit your fellow readers, giving them more options to choose from.