Are you looking to add the Best Currency Switcher Plugin to your eCommerce store?
If yes, then read along!
The currency switcher plugins allow you to modify the currency rate for a particular country. They also allow you to add a shortcode widget in the sidebar by which buyers change the pricing according to their local pricing.
This can immensely improve the customer’s shopping experience by just switching to a currency format that they’re more comfortable with. That’s why the store owners should display their prices based on viewers’ location.
Let’s get started and check how this guide will walk you through the Best Currency Switcher Plugin for WooCommerce.
On This Page
- 1 What Is A Currency Switcher Plugin For WooCommerce?
- 2 Why Do You Need A Currency Switcher Plugin For WooCommerce?
- 3 Benefits Of Using A Currency Switcher Plugin For WooCommerce
- 4 5 Best Currency Switcher Plugins for WooCommerce
- 4.1 1. WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS)
- 4.2 2. Multi-Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
- 4.3 3. Price Based on Country for WooCommerce
- 4.4 4. Easy Digital Downloads – Currency Converter
- 4.5 5. Sumo WooCommerce Currency Switcher
- 5 Conclusion
What Is A Currency Switcher Plugin For WooCommerce?
Currency Switcher is a WooCommerce plugin that allows buyers to switch to currencies of their choice in real-time on your eCommerce store. Visitors can make payments in the currency of their choice in your store.
Simply put, the Currency Switcher Plugin for WooCommerce allows you to add any currency to our store without breaking a sweat. If you want to showcase your WooCommerce store in front of your competitors, this plugin is a must-have!
Why Do You Need A Currency Switcher Plugin For WooCommerce?
An e-commerce store is not just limited to your local neighborhood but expands across the globe with the power of the Internet. Accessibility is essential in a global market, and your store is no exception.
Reaching out to your customers is just one part of the story. Listing products online does not simply cover the context of global reach. Therefore, you must make sure that every aspect of your store is understood by your visitors, especially the pricing of your products.
Providing convenient options to visitors makes sure that customer retention and loyalty are duly fulfilled in the business. And so, if you want to get rid of this inconvenience for your customers, you can use a Currency Switcher Plugin for WooCommerce that converts currencies in real-time. It allows customers to select the currency of their choice while they are shopping in your store.
Benefits Of Using A Currency Switcher Plugin For WooCommerce
The Currency Switcher Plugin for WooCommerce has several advantages that add value to your store. A few of them are listed below:
- Design your Currency Switcher Plugin: All plugins in the market today allow you to customize it the way you want it! Be it a drop-down or a radio button, plugins allow you to do just that!
- Set custom flags: Currency Switcher Plugins allow you to set the respective flag of the currency as a basis for the currency’s representation. This will enable customers to simply pick the flag of their choice to select the currency.
- Auto-update of rates: Depending on the plugin used, currencies are updated automatically. This interval is set according to minutes, hours, days, and weeks. The best part is that they are entirely automated.
- Payment gateway integration: Seamless integration with payment gateways like PayPal is a great add-on feature of this plugin. Currency Switcher Plugin will show real-time exchange rates even at the payment gateway with the right tools. This allows users to make payments through PayPal in their own currency.
5 Best Currency Switcher Plugins for WooCommerce
Choosing the best currency switcher is like finding a needle in a haystack. However, 5 of them have been listed below to help you choose the best one for your store:
1. WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS)
This is the most popular Currency Switcher Plugin that allows customers to change currencies on your store. It is a handy plugin that can be added as a widget or a drop-down menu on your products page.
WooCommerce Currency Switcher Plugin has many currencies in the list and can enable updates in real-time. With multiple design choices, you can customize the plugin and display it on the checkout page too.
The key feature of the WOOCS plugin is that it allows users to add custom currency formats along with their symbols. Moreover, it takes note of switches made, allowing you to monitor the popularity of your products amongst respective nationalities.
- Monitors statistics for currency switches and ordered currencies.
- 7 currencies programs for automatic changing of rates.
- Customizable designs with custom currency formats and symbols.
- Compatible with WPML, WooCommerce Products Filter, and other WooCommerce themes and plugins.
- Multiple allowed features that enable changing currency during checkout.
- 4 variants to set price format according to your needs – custom sign, decimals count, money sign, and usually money sign position.
WooCommerce Currency Switcher plugin is free for commercial use but has a premium version as well. With 6 months of regular support and updates from the developer, the premium versions cost:
- $32 for a regular license
- $132 for an extended license
2. Multi-Currency Switcher for WooCommerce
Multi-Currency Switcher for WooCommerce plugin is your excellent choice if you want to save some bucks on plugins. It has some remarkable features that allow customers to switch currencies without paying a penny!
These classy features include converting product prices along with shipping and taxes and changing coupon values. Another excellent quality is that it allows you to add a widget showing nifty updates in real-time.
Multi-Currency Switcher for WooCommerce Plugin has a floating widget that is entirely customizable. With access to its premium version, this plugin allows you to add as many currencies as you like! All you need is basic designing, editing skills, and the API provided by the developer.
- Free for commercial use.
- Helps the admin to convert product price, taxes, coupon codes, shipping price, etc., based on exchange rate.
- Customizable designs and widgets.
- No limit on currency options; add as many currencies as you want.
- Monitors returning users and save their currency information.
- Custom changes to price format such as $9.87 -> $9.99.
- Ability to add decimal separators on the front-end with each currency.
- Auto-update exchange rates after every 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours, and 1 day.
Multi-Currency Switcher for WooCommerce Plugin gives a free 6 months of support if you purchase the premium version.
- $32 for a Regular License
- $175 for an Extended License
3. Price Based on Country for WooCommerce
Even though it has a fancy name, Price Based on Country for WooCommerce, this plugin is a Currency Switcher that easily allows users to switch to their native currency. Its seamless integration and convenient system change currency according to the buyers’ choice of country.
The most exquisite feature of this plugin is the handy tool that is provided with it. It allows you to calculate the pricing of a product while you are listing it in your store. Say, for instance, most of your customers are from Nigeria. The plugin is smart enough to help you convert to Naira while you punch in the product details.
Additionally, the plugin easily translates to your customer’s preferred language choice. This also allows you to alter pricing according to your buyers’ location. With a bulk editing feature in the premium version, this plugin is a must-have if you want to modify the product pricing of multiple items in one go.
- Auto-update the exchange rates daily or set your own exchange rate.
- Customizable widget to customize the prices displayed in your WooCommerce store.
- A widget that identifies location automatically.
- Bulk editing feature for custom currencies.
- Translating to another language is convenient.
- Compatible with most plugins such as WooCommerce Subscriptions, WooCommerce Products Add-ons, WooCommerce Product Bundles, AffiliateWP, WooCommerce Bookings, and WooCommerce Composite Products.
- Ability to add decimal separators, thousand separators, and numbers of decimals.
The basic version of the Price Based on Country for WooCommerce plugin is free of cost, however, without any guarantee for support. 2 premium versions allow you to get additional features along with 12 months of support:
- €39 per year for the Personal version for a single site license
- €59 per year for the Business version for 3 site license
4. Easy Digital Downloads – Currency Converter
Easy Digital Downloads – Currency Converter is a Currency Switcher plugin for WooCommerce to add to your ECommerce store. It is a premium plugin but is power-packed with a ton of features.
The seamless integration and auto location detection features make it stand out from the crowd. The interface of this plugin is user-friendly, and with minimal settings, you can add this to your store in no time. Customization options allow you to add your own currency and symbols and enable the widget to design.
A floating widget pops up whenever it detects a location. Also, it adds support to the checkout page, intimating buyers about the currency rates. If you are looking to sell used cars in your store, this is a great feature to have as it changes currency according to your geolocation.
- Customizable options for native currencies.
- Allow customers to select a desired currency from the drop-down.
- Design options for widgets and pop-ups.
- Interactive user interface for drag and drop options.
- Pop up to notify customers about currency changes.
- Ability to manage currencies using drag and drop methods.
- Ability to enable default currencies along with native currencies (in brackets).
- Documentation is simple that includes step by step explanation of each feature.
- Compatible with most themes and plugins.
No free version is available for this plugin, but still, it’s worth every penny you shell out. Along with 6 months of support, the plugin costs:
- $39 for a regular license
- $89 for an extended license
5. Sumo WooCommerce Currency Switcher
Sumo WooCommerce Currency Switcher is a plugin that allows customers to change to their native currency while shopping in your store. It is a complete solution to your currency switching requirements.
It is a great tool to have if you want to integrate it with all payment gateway, such as PayPal. For instance, if users trust PayPal to buy their basketball jerseys, the money will be deducted in their regional currency at the payment gateway.
One of the cool features of having this plugin is adding discount prices and coupons in your intended currency. Exchange rates are also updated automatically, showing customers the change in their product pricing once they punch in discount coupons.
In addition to this, customers can also change the currency of a specific product if they want to ship it to some other nation.
The plugin is easy to set up and has additional, premium features such as translation. It integrates smoothly with any language converter plugin. Also, it is smart enough to detect your visitor’s IP, to change currency automatically. All in all, it is a complete package.
- Complete package with solutions for every store.
- Compatibility with payment gateways like PayPal.
- The exchange rate for currencies can be calculated manually or automatically.
- Autodetection of customer’s location to change currency.
- Currency changes can be noted in discount coupons.
- Completely customizable with easy translation.
- Compatible with SUMO subscription plugin and WooCommerce Recover Abandoned Cart plugin.
- Base currency payment option and complete payment option.
SUMO WooCommerce Currency Switcher is a premium plugin that is worth every penny that you spend. The cost for purchasing this plugin is:
- $79 for the regular license
- $790 for an extended license
Currency Switcher Plugin is a must-have tool for your e-commerce store.
As listed in Best Currency Switcher for WooCommerce, adding this handy tool makes your store more appealing than it already is. Give it a shot and check how things pan out, start with the free version of the WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS) Plugin. It will allow you to monitor as well as meet the basic requirements of your buyers.
Picking a winner from the list is not easy, as every plugin has its own unique quality that speaks for itself. However, for you to start with, the two of these will push you in the right direction:
WooCommerce Currency Switcher (WOOCS) Plugin if you want to go for a free version
Sumo WooCommerce Currency Switcher Plugin if you want to go for a premium version.
Share your feedback below in the comments section, and let us know what you think is the most appropriate Currency Switcher plugin for your WooCommerce store.