Offering partial payment is one of the popular ways to increase sales and conversion of your eCommerce store. And in today’s article, I’ll be showing you a few plugins to add this functionality to your WooCommerce store.
There are multiple ways to increase sales, such as offering a Buy One Get One offer, selling to wholesalers, partial payments, and much more. Yet, one of the most effective strategies amongst all is offering partial payments to customers.
So, read ahead and explore the best WooCommerce partial payment plugins.
On This Page
What Is Partial Payment and Deposits?
Partial payment means paying the payment into smaller parts at different periods. In this scenario, buyers don’t pay the entire amount at one time. They only pay a smaller amount while purchasing the product. After that, customers pay the remaining amount at predefined intervals. Store owners can set the gaps according to their store guidelines.
Whereas deposits mean when you force buyers to pay an amount to book the seat. In other words, it means when you charge your customers a small amount to book an appointment. This ensures that customers are serious about your services. You will see mostly the deposit system in salons, consultancy firms, etc.
Best WooCommerce Deposit Plugins
Image Credit: Woocommerce.com
With this plugin, you can introduce a partial payment and deposits feature on your WooStore in a few easy steps. This way, users don’t need to pay the full amount immediately. They can pay at different intervals created by you. This plugin allows you to create custom payment schedules based on days, weeks, or months. For instance, you can ask for payment every week, month, or a particular day. You can set this as per your store’s policies. In addition, the WooCommerce Deposits plugin has a robust system to create a custom payment schedule for your customers.
After setting up the plugin, buyers will see two buttons on the product pages: Pay In Full and Pay Deposit. The Pay Deposit button will show the custom plans you have created for them. This plugin lets you ask for payments in the percentage value as well as fixed numbers. For instance, you can ask them to pay 12% of the total amount or a fixed amount like $500 or anything.
The WooCommerce Deposits plugin features an attractive layout to show the plans and make them easy to understand for users. However, this plugin doesn’t support automatic refunds and recurring payments. It means you have to manage all this manually by yourself.
Features Of WooCommerce Deposits Plugin
- WooCommerce Deposits plugin lets you introduce custom payment plans on products for your buyers.
- It allows users to pay a small amount instead of paying the whole amount in one go.
- You can make payment schedules based on days, weeks, or months.
- The WooCommerce Deposits plugin shows custom deposit plans in an attractive and easy-to-understand manner.
- It offers two buttons: Pay Deposit to pay at different intervals and Pay In Full to pay the full amount at one time.
- This plugin adds the taxes and other charges automatically to the final payment.
- The WooCommerce Deposits plugin is compatible with the WooCommerce Bookings plugin to accept bookings and payments simultaneously.
- This plugin offers an easy-to-use checkout flow for customers to explain payment plans easily.
The WooCommerce Deposits plugin comes at $179 for one year. Also, if you don’t like the product, you can ask for your money back in under 30 days.
YITH Deposits and Down Payments
YITH Deposits and Down Payment helps you ensure that the customers pay you a minimum amount and are interested in your services. In other terms, they are serious about your services. This features suits well on online stores selling expensive products like electronics, jewelry, and more. Yet, this is also helpful for websites like salons, spas, and others. You can use the WooCommerce Bookings plugin to receive bookings. At the same time, you can use YITH Deposits and Down Payment to request a small deposit from the customer.
This plugin has a lot of powerful features and comes with an easy-to-use setup interface. It enables you to set a fixed amount or a percentage value users will need to pay to buy the product. You can also define an expiration date for your deposit. When it comes to variable products, you can create different payment plans for each variation.
Features Of YITH Deposits and Down Payment Plugin
- This plugin lets you introduce both deposits and payment plans to your WooCommerce store.
- The YITH Deposits and Down Payment plugin lets you enable partial payments on simple and variable products.
- It offers multiple options to customize the text, color, and size of buttons as per your theme design.
- You can set fixed as well as percentage values for deposits.
- This plugin lets users choose whether to make the remaining payment on the website or via any other mode.
- The YITH Deposits and Down Payment plugin enables you to set the expiration date on deposits.
- It notifies users and administrators about the new deposit made by the customers.
- The YITH Deposits and Down Payment plugin can force users to pay the remaining balance through the site only. They won’t be able to select other options.
- You can create different deposit options for variable products.
YITH Deposits and Down Payment plugin pricing is $129.99 and comes with a 30 days money back guarantee.
WooCommerce Deposits By Webtomizer_Labs
Image Credit: Codecanyon.net
This is another excellent plugin to enable partial payments and deposits on your WooCommerce store. This plugin enables you to select a deposit type between the fixed amount or percentage value. You can choose according to your preferences. Besides, this plugin is compatible with the WooCommerce Bookings And Appointments plugin by PluginHive. This will help you receive appointments online.
WooCommerce Deposits by Webtomizer_Labs provides an option to accept and force partial deposits on your eCommerce store. In addition, it also allows you to enable and disable the partial payment globally with a single click. It also offers an option to disable specific gateways when users choose the Pay Deposit over Pay Fully method. The payment gateways will be opened for regular checkout.
Features Of WooCommerce Deposits – Partial Payments Plugin
- WooCommerce Deposits – Partial Payments plugin helps you enable partial payments and deposits in easy steps.
- You can enable and disable the partial payments throughout the site with a single click.
- This plugin automatically sends payment due emails to users and administrators after a particular time.
- It allows you to select between fixed and percentage values.
- You can split the taxes, shipping fees, and other charges between different deposits. For instance, $2 tax on the first payment and a $2 tax on the second payment.
- It offers you the choice to show a custom message on the product pages when users choose a particular option.
- You can disable particular gateways when users choose the Pay Deposit option.
- This plugin provides the deposits and partial payments reports in the WooCommerce Reports panel.
- It is compatible with WPML.
WooCommerce Deposits – Partial Payments plugin costs $39 for one site. In this pricing, you will get future updates and free customer support for six months. You can also extend the customer support from 6 months to 12 months by paying $12.75.
Have you chosen the best WooCommerce partial payment plugin for your online store? Are you still confused? Continue reading ahead to explore more WooCommerce deposit plugins for partial payments.
Sumo WooCommerce Payment Plans
Image Credit: Codecanyon.net
Sumo WooCommerce Payment Plans is another plugin on the list to create installments and payment plans. The primary feature of this plugin is to add installments and deposit functionality to your WooCommerce store. The installments feature is similar to the feature we get in offline stores.
This plugin lets you create payment plans for all users as well as specific users. You can charge the deposit in a fixed and variable amount. Sumo WooCommerce Payment Plans plugin lets you configure different payment plans like deposits with the balance payments, fixed amount installments, variable amount installments, down payments with installments, etc. It offers you the right to customize them according to your preferences.
This plugin also supports automatic payments with the help of a payment gateway called Stripe. It will automatically deduct the amount from users’ bank accounts if they have added it. So, you don’t need to do this manually or hire someone.
Besides, it also offers the choice to make payments manually if buyers want. The Sumo WooCommerce Payment Plans plugin automatically sends emails to users when a payment is due. You can also configure the time to pay the payment. For instance, if you want users to pay weekly, you can set the due date to weekly.
Features Of Sumo WooCommerce Payment Plans
- You can force the users to pay the deposit. This will disable other payment options.
- It lets you set the payment due date according to your requirements, such as weekly, monthly, and yearly.
- This plugin automatically sends the payment reminder emails to the users before the due date.
- Sumo WooCommerce Payment Plans offer customization options to change the text and color of the button.
- It offers you the right to hide specific payment gateways when users select the Pay Deposit button.
- It supports automatic payment charging with the help of Stripe.
The Sumo WooCommerce Payment Plans plugin costs $49 for a single website. With this pricing, you will get future updates and free customer support for six months. Yet, you can extend the customer support from 6 months to 12 months by paying $16.45.
Which Is The Best WooCommerce Deposit Plugin?
We now have explored the five best WooCommerce deposit plugins to accept partial payments. Good to see you reading till the end. We have taken a closer look at each plugin with its features and pricing. Now, it’s time to find the best partial payments plugin for our eCommerce store.
Now, we will pick the best plugin of all. Choosing the best plugin depends on your requirements.
Do let me know which plugin you have selected for your WooCommerce store?