Do you want to hide products from the shop page in your WooCommerce store?
This tutorial will guide you to hide products from specific users in the WooCommerce shop.
WooCommerce does not provide us with the feature to hide products. We will be using the Restriction Rules plugin to hide the product from the shop page.
Sometimes, you may need to sell the products for only registered users or specific users. In that case, you will need to hide the products for some users.
On This Page
- 1 Why should you Hide Products from Shop Page?
- 2 Why should you use the Restriction Rules plugin?
- 3 How to Hide Products From Shop Page
- 4 Conclusion
Why should you Hide Products from Shop Page?
Hiding the products from the WooCommerce store completely depends on how you sell products to customers. There are multiple scenarios where you may need to hide the products.
Wholesale store – Many WooCommerce stores prefer to hide the products from other customers so only wholesale customers are allowed to purchase the products.
Members-only store – If you want to sell products to your registered users only you may need to hide the products from guest users. It will force them to register on your website to view and purchase the products.
Subscription-based store – Some WooCommerce stores sell special products which are only available for their subscribers. Such products are hidden from other regular customers on their websites.
Why should you use the Restriction Rules plugin?
Restriction Rules plugin offers various features to create restriction rules.
- It allows you to hide products based on user roles, product categories, tags, or for a specific product.
- You can enable password protection on certain products based on user roles, product categories, tags, or specific customers. The password expiration date and notice can also be set.
- It helps to enable private store mode to force users to log in before accessing your site.
- You can also create restriction rules for menu displays to customize what each user groups see.
How to Hide Products From Shop Page
We will be using the Restriction Rules plugin to hide the products from the shop page. To make the process easier, we have created these simple steps to guide you.
Step 1: Install and Activate Woosuite Core plugin
First, you need to download the Woosuite Core plugin and upload it to your site.
Go to Plugins>>Add New>>Upload Plugin. Then choose the downloaded zip file and click Install Now.
After you install the Woosuite Core plugin, click Activate Plugin to proceed with further steps.
Step 2: Install Restriction Rules Plugin
Restriction Rules plugin allows you to hide products on the shop page.
You can install the plugin by going to Woosuite>>Addons. There you have to find the Restriction Rules plugin and click Install Now.
After the installation is complete, turn on the plugin to activate it.
Step 3: Configure Hide Product Rules
Restriction Rules plugin offers the Hide Product Rules option, from which we will be able to hide the products on the WooCommerce shop page.
Go to Woosuite>>Restriction Rules>>Hide Product Rules.
Step 4: Choose Audience
You can select the users you want the rule to be applied to. The products will be hidden from the selected user group. There are three different options to choose from.
- Everyone: To hide products from everyone who visits the store
- Guests: To hide products from users who are not logged in
- Specific Roles: This option allows you to select user roles to hide products from them.
- Specific Users: This option allows you to select individual users on your website.
Step 5: Filter the Products
After choosing the audience, now let’s select the products which you want to hide from the store.
You can select the products from Filter By dropdown. It contains three options:
- Categories: Select this option if you want to hide the whole product category.
- Tags: With this option, you can hide the products by specifying product tags.
- Products: This option allows you to choose the specific products to hide from the shop page.
Step 6: Save Changes
After completing all the above steps, click the Save changes button to save the rules.
After clicking the button, it may take a few minutes to update the page. You can navigate to your shop page to verify the change. You will not find the specified products on the shop page.
In this way, you can easily hide the products from the shop page and sell the products to limited users. We hope we have helped you to hide products from the shop page. You can contact us if you encounter any problems.