Looking for a reliable invoicing system to automate and manage your finances?
You’ve come to the right place!
There’s a lot to maintain as a business owner, and handwritten invoicing may eat up a lot of your time. Also, your bills may seem different each time, which isn’t very professional.
Therefore, using a professional invoicing system lets you automate the process of invoicing and payments, giving more focus to growing your business.
This article will walk you through some of the most acceptable WooCommerce invoice plugins for various needs.
On This Page
- 1 What Are WooCommerce Payment Invoices?
- 2 Why Do You Need a Payment Invoice Plugin for Your WooCommerce Store?
- 3 Features to Look at In a Payment Invoice Plugin
- 4 5 Best Payment Invoice Plugins for WooCommerce
- 4.1 1. WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- 4.2 2. PDF Invoices
- 4.3 3. YITH PDF Invoice and Shipping List
- 4.4 4. WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Pro
- 4.5 5. WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes, and Shipping Labels
- 5 Conclusion
What Are WooCommerce Payment Invoices?
For those who don’t know, invoices are a document that contains details about the order; it includes the break-up of the price that customer would be charged for. A typical WooCommerce order invoice would consist of the customer’s name, order number, product SKU, package slip details, the amount paid, and additional information.
These invoices were to be created manually, but with the latest plugins, the job is simplified, and the invoices can be generated automatically. WooCommerce has dozens of plugins that can streamline the invoicing process and take a burden off your head. All you need to do is add the plugins to your store, and they will do the rest by themself.
But in the sea of plugins, how do you identify which one is the best? Let me break that down for you.
Before we start, let’s learn why do we require such invoice plugins for our WooCommerce store.
Why Do You Need a Payment Invoice Plugin for Your WooCommerce Store?
Since 2020, E-commerce businesses have been booming. Customers now prefer to buy online as the stores provide cheaper products that are great in quality.
However, the rise in online business has come at a price. Many customers fall prey to shady websites that steal their money using credit card details.
Nevertheless, these cases aren’t always accurate. Some customers confuse the product’s price as the listed price only while overlooking the other charges involved. Overcharges aren’t always a scam. Many customers ignore taxes, delivery charges, and handling expenses, which are legit costs that take the price a little higher.
The best solution to make the payment process transparent is by using payment invoices.
● They provide a summary of charging details, so customers know what they are charged for.
● It helps you keep track of your orders. These documents come in handy during tax and company registration.
● Invoice documents serve as proof for payment and refund claims later on.
Features to Look at In a Payment Invoice Plugin
I believe three primary functions are essential for any Invoice plugin to have, without which its utility would barely be fulfilled.
· Easy invoice management system: The plugin should allow simple access to the list of invoices sent over the past years.
· Automatic invoices send option: The plugin should send the invoice automatically as the order status changes to the prescribed value.
· Customizable templates: all plugins have a basic template that is generic and fulfills the purpose. But businesses need to stand out, and all documents should have a personality. Customizable templates allow changes to header/logo, fonts, size, and much more.
So now, you know what we are going to hunt in the sea. But I care for you, so I have hunted for the five best plugins for you already.
Don’t thank me right now; read the description to find out which suits you the best.
5 Best Payment Invoice Plugins for WooCommerce
There are several plugins available to help you enhance your WooCommerce store’s capabilities. This article includes some of the finest plugins for WooCommerce invoices that will help you meet your additional requirements.
Let’s get started!
1. WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
On the top of our list is WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing slips; it is one of the most used invoicing plugins, and the users love it. With more than 300,000+ active installations, the plugin has gained over 1250 five-star reviews, and they account for more than 98% of the total feedback.
The most prominent feature of the invoicing plugin is its efficiency. It is simple and effective. The invoice is sent as soon as the confirmation mail for the order is delivered. The plugin allows the owner to download all invoices at once using bulk download to ease order management.
The basic template is easy to understand and does the job perfectly. Still, if you want to give your invoice a distinct look, you can use the customization features of the plugin. It allows you to change the fonts, logos, paper size, and tables.
The app is freemium; you can buy several extensions to add to your experience.
● Automatically attaches invoices to order confirmation mails
● Allows bulk and single invoice downloads from the order page
● Simple procedure to generate packing slips in bulk
● Customizable templates to suit your style
● Available in more than ten languages
● The extension premium versions include other additional features:
● Automatic printing of invoices as soon as the order is confirmed (premium extension)
● More sophisticated templates and improved customization options (premium extension)
● Upload all invoices directly to dropbox or other cloud servers (premium extension)
The plugin is free to download. The prices of extensions are mentioned below.
● WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips Premium Templates – €39.00
● WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips Professional – €59.00
2. PDF Invoices
Next on our list is PDF invoices. It is another powerful plugin that creates invoices instantly. Once you attach the plugin to your store, the invoice will be sent automatically to the client’s email with the order confirmation mail.
The plugin allows you to customize the template fully; the simple drag and drop system allows an easy interface for any customization, making it a favorite for many users. Alongside that, WooCommerce PDF Invoices enable the business to add its tax and other relevant details.
Although it might not matter much for different customers, some of them pay real heed to the taxes, so they need to know whether their tax is going to the government or not.
The software doesn’t have a free version anymore, and you would need to pay $79 annually to avail subscription. However, the good thing is that you can get your money back in the first 30 days if you don’t like the plugin. So it’s a win-win.
● Automatically send invoices to order confirmation mails
● A wide range of customization options is available
● Available in more than ten languages
● Add custom fields for shipping and billing details
● Simple all invoices download from the main page
● Add a custom logo to the invoice PDF
The plugin is no longer available in a freemium version; it can be downloaded from the official WooCommerce store for $79. It includes annual subscriptions and customer support.
3. YITH PDF Invoice and Shipping List
Our next plugin is YITH PDF Invoice and Shipping List. It is one of the most popular plugins amongst store owners, and it has gathered a 4.5-star rating with a 97% positive rate. The plugin allows you to generate an invoice as soon as an order is confirmed. However, it won’t be sent to the customer until you want. So in case you want to delay an invoice until the product is shipped, the plugin can be of great help.
Another feature that I like about the plugin is the extensive user control; it allows you to display or omit any information you want; you can change vital details such as invoice number, tax details, addresses, and much more.
● Simple generation and management of invoices
● One-click download option for bulk download
● Automatic backup to google drive or dropbox
● Multiple template options to choose from
● Manage all invoices on a single table
● Easy performa invoice, and packaging slip management (premium)
● Extensive control on customization (premium)
● Create credit notes (premium)
The application can be downloaded for free. However, to enjoy the complete benefits of the plugin, you’d need to purchase the annual subscription for $80.
4. WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Pro
WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Pro is 4th on our list. Just like all of its competitors, it generates an invoice as soon as the order is confirmed. However, the plugin allows you to change the settings to determine when the invoice will be mailed to the customers.
What I like the most about WooCommerce PDF Invoices and Packing Slips Pro is its meta info option. You would often note that some of your invoices might require more details than what’s present in the table. The feature allows you to add Meta to the pdf documents to convey additional information to the client.
This pro version is a freemium plugin, it offers plenty of options in the free version, but the premium, as expected, has got several perks.
● Sends an automated invoice to the customer as the status changes
● All invoices are displayed on the dashboard
● Multiple customization options for each customer
● Allows a packing slip for the package
● Sophisticated and versatile invoice templates (premium)
● Custom paper size (premium)
● Detailed refund info (premium)
The plugin can be downloaded for free from the WooCommerce plugin section, but you would need to pay at least €59 annually for one site to enjoy full benefits.
5. WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes, and Shipping Labels
Last on our list is the WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes, and Shipping Labels plugin. It is another famous plugin amongst store owners. The official website claims that around 20000 stores are currently using the plugin, with over 498 reviews.
It has got loads of features, but it stands out due to its personalization options. The plugin code is free to be edited, which means that you can change everything about the document and stand out from your competitors.
The appended its free version back in the year, so only its premium version is available now.
● Generate invoices, performa and credit notes seamlessly
● Generate all shipping related documents
● Automatically deliver the invoice as the order is confirmed.
● Multiple templates to choose the best for your store
● Supports more than ten languages.
● Allows extensive customization with an editable code
● Include custom fields in your document
You can get a single site license for $69; it would include one year of using the plugin, ticketed support, and updates.
And that’s it; I have presented the best payment invoice plugins you can get for your WooCommerce store. My personal preference is the WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips, mainly because it has most features available for free, and the other features can be availed separately on low amounts.
As most emerging businesses struggle to gather finances, the only viable option is to go for WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips until you can sort your finances.
Once you feel good to go, I suggest you get to Challan pro, as it’s easy to use and mostly automated, so you won’t have to worry about another task.
I hope this article was helpful for you; I made sure to cover every important detail, so you are well informed. If you have any questions, reach us out in the comments, we would be happy to help!