Do you want to know how to create a price list within WooCommerce? If you do, then you are in the right place. We have got you covered.
In this article, we’ll create a WooCommerce price list in a few easy steps. I will also be attaching screenshots to assist you in understanding better. In addition, I will also show you how to hide your price list from specific users. So, continue reading to know how to create a WooCommerce price list.
On This Page
- 1 How to Create a Price List in WooCommerce
- 1.1 1. Install WooCommerce Product Table & Restriction Rules Plugin
- 1.2 2. Create A WooCommerce Price List
- 1.3 3. Configure your Price List Columns
- 1.4 4. Specify the Products to Show on your Price List
- 1.5 5. Disable Product List Filters (Optional)
- 1.6 6. Customize Your Price List
- 1.7 7. Duplicate the Price List
- 1.8 8. Publish the WooCommerce Price List
- 1.9 Final Results
- 1.10 8. Hide Price List From Specific Users (Optional)
- 1.11 Conclusion
What Should Be Included In A Price List?
A price list is a digital list that includes your products and their prices. It helps buyers to check the product prices and place orders quickly. You can include various columns in your WooCommerce price list. For example, you can add elements like Product Image, SKU, and Attributes (colors, sizes, etc.) to help your prospects make a buying decision.
Your WooCommerce price list should be simple and straightforward. However, it shouldn’t include anything that isn’t necessary and can confuse prospects.
For this tutorial, I will create three different price lists for a restaurant, and display those price lists on one page. The price lists are Price List Main, Price List Specials, and Price List Drinks.
How to Create a Price List in WooCommerce
I will use the WooCommerce Product Table plugin to create our price list and the Restriction Rules plugin to restrict the page to some user roles. Without further ado, let’s create our WooCommerce price list.
1. Install WooCommerce Product Table & Restriction Rules Plugin
Note: You can skip this step if you have already installed and activated the WooCommerce Product Table & Restriction Rules Plugin.
To install WooCommerce Product Table & Restriction Rules Plugin, you will need to install the Woosuite Core plugin and activate your Woosuite license key. We have created a Quick Start Guide to walk you through the installation process.
2. Create A WooCommerce Price List
In your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Woosuite menu > click on Product Table.
After clicking on the Product Table, it will redirect you to the General settings section. Then, click on the Add New Table button.
After clicking on the Add New Table button, it will redirect you to the table configuration page.
1. Enter your table name: Give a title to your new product table. This is for internal purposes only. This won’t be visible on the front end. I’m naming it ‘Price List Main.’
2. Select the page to automatically insert your table From the given options, select the page on which you want to show the price list. I will show you a different method to show a product table on any page. So, it’s better not to select any page.
3. Configure your Price List Columns
To add new columns to your price list, head to the Order Form Information settings.
To add a particular column in the price list, you have to drag the required columns from the Available Columns box to the Current Selected Columns box.
We are planning to add three columns to our price list – Id, Name, and Price. You can see the same in the attached video.
You can also edit the columns name, width, and class by clicking on the Pencil icon. Click on the Pencil icon. There you will see three options.
1. Name: You can change the name from this option.
2. Width: By default, this will be set to Auto. You can add the preferred width in the Width field.
3. Class: This field is here to let you customize the particular field with the help of CSS. You can enter your CSS code in this field.
4. Specify the Products to Show on your Price List
As mentioned above, I’m creating a price list for a restaurant site. So I want to first create a main course price list. And, in this price list, I want to show food items from particular categories.
Navigate to Order Form Control settings > Product Conditions section
- Type: Select the Categories from the options.
- Value: Now, select the categories from which you want to display the products.
Then, click on the Save Changes button.
5. Disable Product List Filters (Optional)
This is an optional step. By default, the product filters would be enabled. You can easily disable them from the Product Table plugin setting.
Now, set these options to the mentioned settings.
- Product Filter: Hidden
- Page Length: Hidden
- Product Totals: Hidden
- Pagination Buttons: Hidden
6. Customize Your Price List
Head to the Order Form Design settings to customize your WooCommerce price list.
1. Disable Heading: Toggle on this setting to Disable table heading or to make it headless.
2. Design: If you want to customize the table according to your requirements, select the option to Custom. You will get various options to customize your price list table and make it look more attractive.
From the Design settings, you can change the border outer colour, border header color, border cell color, header background, and many more.
3. Enable Custom CSS: Toggle on this setting to enable custom CSS. Then, you can add custom CSS code to customize it according to your requirements.
After making all the changes, click on the Save Changes button.
7. Duplicate the Price List
As I mentioned earlier, I’m going to create different lists and display them on a single page. I will now duplicate the price list, so I don’t need to create a price list again.
Head back to Product Table General Settings.
Click on the Duplicate button beside the price list you just created.
After clicking on the Duplicate button, you will see the duplicated list in the list.
Now, click on the Edit button to edit the price list.
Then, rename the page title.
Now, make tweaks to the Product Conditions settings according to your preferences from the Order Form Controls settings.
Save the changes.
8. Publish the WooCommerce Price List
In your WordPress admin dashboard, navigate to Pages > create a new page
You can name it according to your preferences.
In the page body, paste the shortcode of the new product table you just created. You will get the shortcode from the Product Table’s General Section.
In the WordPres Admin Dashboard: Woosuite > Product Table > General Settings > Copy the Shortcode
Copy the code and paste it into the Price List page.
After that, click on the Update button to save the changes.
Backend Price List Page:
Frontend Price List:
8. Hide Price List From Specific Users (Optional)
Now, if your WooCommerce store caters to different types of customers. Then, you might need to hide the price list from specific users roles. To hide the price list, we will use the Restriction Rules plugin.
- Navigate to the Restriction Rules in the Woosuite submenu, and click on it.
- Click on the Hide Post/Page Rules.
3. Under Applies to: Select the user role from the given options from whom you want to hide this page. You can select between Everyone, Guests, Specific Roles, and Specific Users.
4. Under Filter By: From the given options, select the Page option.
5. From Choose Pages: Select the page you want to hide from selected users. I will select the Price List page.
5. Under the Redirect to Field: enter the page to which you want to redirect the users. You can enter the homepage URL.
We finally learned how to create a price list in WooCommerce. I hope you understood the steps properly and implemented the same on your WooCommerce store.
If you faced any issues while creating the WooCommerce price list, leave a comment or contact Woosuite customer support. Our dedicated customer support team typically replies within 48 hours.
Ready to create a WooCommerce Price List?
Install the WooCommerce Product Table plugin.