So what you need to do to create a WooCommerce wholesale order form?
In this article, we will explore creating WooCommerce wholesale orders using the OptimizeForm Product table plugin. You are free to use other plugins to do so, however, we preferred to use OptimizeForm for the simplicity it has to offer.
But, before we dive deep into the method, let’s first explore more things about WooCommece wholesale ordering.
On This Page
- 1 What is WooCommerce wholesale ordering? And why do you need to focus on it?
- 2 Things to Consider For WooCommerce Wholesale Form
- 3 How to create a WooCommerce Wholesale ordering form?
- 4 Conclusion
What is WooCommerce wholesale ordering? And why do you need to focus on it?
Wholesale ordering is an eCommerce system where the eCommerce platform/software allows online transactions in B2B space. The ordering system is best for ordering multiple items in a large amount in one go. The solutions for wholesale ordering are different and depend on the industry that you are in.
However, one of the most common ways to do so is to create a form that lets the visitor add items to the list before they can checkout.
The common elements that a wholesale order form should have are as below:
- The ability to add multiple items of a said product through a list view through a single page.
- The columns should show important information about the product including specs.
- Lastly, the buyer should also be able to add products in different quantities to the cart directly from the list.
The above features are not in any way comprehensive. You are free to customize it according to your requirement and add things the way you need.
But, why do you need to use a Woocommerce Wholesale Order Form? Let’s list the importance of the WooCommece wholesale ordering below.
- It improves the frequency of re-ordering.
- It also increases the average order volume
- Help buyers to discover more products
- Improves customer retention
- Help decrease backorders
- Improved customer relationships
- The lower cost required to serve customers in remote areas
- Improved functions including faster checkout for selling events
- It lets you automate
Things to Consider For WooCommerce Wholesale Form
Before you go forward and add the feature of wholesale form to your WooCommece site, there are some things that you need to consider before you forward and add the feature.
- Review your requirement before you add the feature to your site. Asking questions such as do you really need it can help you re-evaluate your decision. This can save you time and agony later on.
- Make sure that you are using the Wholesale ordering form for automating and not handling it manually. This way you can focus on important tasks.
- Are you looking to create the wholesale ordering feature on the same site? If you do, then it is fine to go with the method mentioned here. However, you can also use WordPress multisite to have two sites where one site for public retail online shop and the other for wholesale.
- The idea behind wholesale is to provide good prices when buying in bulk. That’s why you need to decide the price ahead of time before you create the wholesale ordering system.
How to create a WooCommerce Wholesale ordering form?
It is very easy to create a wholesale ordering form for the WooCommerce platform. As we said earlier, we are going to use the OptimizeForm Product Table plugin.
Let’s go through the steps below:
1. Install OptimizeForm Core Plugin:
The first thing that you need to do is install and activate the OptimizeForm Core Plugin. You can install it by downloading the plugin to your computer. Once done, go to your site’s backend, and then choose Plugins >> Add New >> Upload Plugin.
Now, you need to activate the plugin.
2. Activate OptimizeForm Product Table
With the OptimizeForm Core plugin installed, you need to activate the OptimizeForm Product Table Plugin.
To do so, you need to open up the OptimizeForm menu and then click on modules.
Once you do so, you will get the list of available modules. There, you need to search for “Optimizeform Product Table.”
Activate Optimizeform Product Table as shown in the image below.
3. Create your Order form page
Next, you need to create a new page. You can name the new page according to your preference. Moreover, the page name can be added to the menu or the sidebar, so choose wisely.
Once the page is created, open up the page and add the following shortcode to activate the bulk order form or wholesale order form on your site.
Below is an example of how it will look. In our case, we added a few more options that we will discuss in the settings section of the article.
If you preview the page, it should show you how it looks at the frontend. Check it out below.
4. Customize your Order Form
Now you can configure your form to suit your brand identity and your customer’s needs. To do so, you need to go to Optimizeform and then Product Table.
There, you will find tons of options to play. Let’s go through them one by one.
Order Form Design
Here, you can change and customize the table design according to your requirement. As you can see you can change to custom design and change border color size and the border type. Moreover, you can also set the header background and font. The last two options that you can fiddle with include Cell background and font.
Order Form Display
Here, you can activate the shop page and product category archives. It also gives you the link to the shortcodes to customize.
This is where you can add columns, customize image size, and set other critical information. In the columns section, you can add multiple columns based on the different data sets available in your database. In the above image, you can see the columns selected are image, name, sku, description, add-to-cart, and price.
You can also set the image size for a better viewing experience. The lightbox enables the user to provide a higher resolution image when the user clicks on the thumbnail. Lastly, you can also choose to show all or relevant products based on tag, category or attribute.
In the loading products section, you can set a lazy load to improve page loading time. Moreover, you can also limit the product numbers on the table. The other two things that you can set here are caching and rows per page. Caching helps you improve load times, but for eCommerce sites, it is a good idea to keep it off.
You can sort the table based on multiple options and also set the sort direction(ascending or descending).
Add to cart button
In the Add to cart column, you can customize the add to cart button and add behavior to it. You can also set variations and choose their position.
The last section is the table controls which lets you further refine the table settings. You can add product filters, set page length, change search box position, and also add a reset button.
This leads us to the end of our tutorial on how to add WooCommece wholesale ordering to your eCommerce site. So, are you going to add it? Comment below and let us know.